Out Of Body
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Join us, we don't bite.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xbox vs PS3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scenix
Admin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:54 pm

Discuss. (Nuff' said)
Back to top Go down
https://outofbody.forumotion.co.uk
Traxx
Admin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:57 pm

*hands you a flame shield and sabre* you'll need these to dish out the mods bud.

I like 360 myself...but with PS3 you don't have to pay to play your games online. However both have this extra content stuff which you have to pay extra for. I mean really? Paying extra on top of what you already payed for the game? Just for another map or something? Come on!
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:58 pm

*Take a hold of his Ban Hammer from a past life.*

PS3 - Free to play online, can pay extra for DLCs. Also, new this year, you may upgrade your account to PSPremium. For a low monthly fee, you get a whole bunch of free DLC's, free PS1 and Minis, money off all DLCs for all games and 'Rent-a-films'. What lets it down, it has a crappy social feel to it. The only social feel you will ever get with PS3/PSN is PSHome. Playstation Home, as we all know, is the most boring thing to have ever existed. Some may disagree though.

Though, as I have said, PS3/PSN does have A LOT to offer the computer game freakazoids out there. It does have LoveFilm on it, on which, if you have an account with them, you can watch a choice of thousands of titles whenever you want. With no limit. You can also, if you don't find the film you are looking for on LoveFilm, rent a film from the Playstation Store for a low fee, or just buy it outright.

The Playstation Store is extremely easy to navigate, a lot easier than XBOX 360 store. Also, there are no "Playstation Credits" or "PSPoints". It is plain and simply, "£50.00" Where as XBOX 360 is £5 for 800 XBOX Credits or whatever. Brilliant!

I prefer the Playstation because of the freedom of it. "Yes, you can play online with your friends, chat, socialize (To a crappy extent), do whatever you want. For free. But, if you choose, you always have the option to pay this fee to gain extra content excetera." Where as XBOX is more like "Yes you can go online and play and do all of this (Quite frankly,) amazing stuff, but you have to, yes have to, pay us to do so." Yes, in my eyes it's worth the amount of money but I don't like to be forced to pay them money just so I can play a bit CoD with my friends. PS lets you do it for free.

But yeah, in summary:

XBOX Pwns. I mean, really pwns. But you have to pay for it, which is fine. BUT. PS3/PSN is just as great in all these other fields and is free, that there really is no competition for me.

Playstation all the way people.
Back to top Go down
Traxx
Admin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:48 pm

Very well said. Be it noted that xbox live offers you the chance to download original xbox games to your hard drive. But yes you guessed it, you have to pay extortionate amounts for a mere digital copy of the game. It is not a material copy but one you simply put on your harddrive. God help you if something goes wrong with your hard drive however.

Microsoft to me are really out for the money here and customer service is lacking in my opinion. Especially dealing with their call centers.
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Ah, call centers. It has to be said, that Sony are great with that.

In my experience, being me that is to receive the complaint (Abusing people on PSHome for the lulz), that are very quick in dealing with it. A person I was... Abusing, told me they were ringing them to complain. I got bored after a while and left. And in a little under 2 hours, I received a warning from them.

Now I have to be honest, they are doing their job to the standard I would expect from any online authorization. Being it me who received it, I know for a fact that if I was to put in a complaint, I know that it would be dealt with very quickly.

Also, while I think about it, another downside to playstation.

I have a pile of PS2 games that are lying around and I would love to be able to play them on my PS3. Now, I looked this up and only specific models of PS3s allow it. Where as the XBOX allows play on all models. Though, only a majority work, it is still much better than PS3.
Back to top Go down
Traxx
Admin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 pm

But to use xbox original games on the 360 you had to have an online membership to download an update to be able to use them if memory serves.
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 1:19 am

Traxx wrote:
But to use xbox original games on the 360 you had to have an online membership to download an update to be able to use them if memory serves.

Aha, I did not know this. I just remember being able to play Halo 1 and 2 on it without ever having been online with it. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xbox vs PS3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xbox vs PS3   Xbox vs PS3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xbox vs PS3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Out Of Body :: Off Topic :: Banter-
Jump to: